3 Amazing Recipes You Can Make From The Healthiest Breakfast in the World Recipe
OK – so you’ve made the muesli, now let’s have some fun and variety in our mornings and make a few different breakfasts using the original muesli recipe. One is easy peasy to make, another is for ‘on the go’ breakfasts and the last is a ‘gourmet’ healthy breakfast. Check ’em out!
This one is easy peasy to do – and no peas are even involved! Take equal amounts of muesli and nut milk and place in a bowl and leave in the fridge overnight (or longer!) By soaking the oats and nuts this way, they start to get rid of the phytic acid that wraps it’s evil little hands round the nutrients and allows you to benefit not only from the full nutrients these little superfoods want to share with you but also gives you full enzyme activity.
1 cup muesli
1 cup of nut milk
Add both ingredients to a bowl. Mix. Cover. Refrigerate. Eat next morning!
I make up a larger bowl at the beginning of the week and keep it stored in the fridge all week.
Bircher Muesli Breakfast Bars
2 cups of pre made pre soaked bircher
2 tbsp flax seeds
2 tbsp chia seeds
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spoon onto a silpat sheet and spread the mixture out till its about 1 cm thick.
- Mark out your bars with a sharp knife and bake for 60 minutes. Or even 1 hour!
Store in an air tight container and grab for a healthy “on the go’ breakfast when needed. I made 10 bars with my mix.
Chia Seed and Muesli Pots
1 cup almond milk (or any nut milk unsweetened)
6 tbsp chia seeds
2 cups frozen mango
1 frozen banana
Home made muesli to top it off with plus some frozen berries
- Add the milk, chia seeds, banana and mango to a blender and blend on high till smooth
- Place the mixture equally between 3 pots/glasses and place in fridge until ready to serve (minimum 2 hours, but can be made the night before)
- Top with a couple of tablespoons of fresh homemade muesli and a few frozen berries.
Sit back, pat yourself on the back (possibly metaphorically unless you’re double jointed!) and enjoy this gourmet breakfast that healthy cafes are serving all over the world (and charging big bucks for it too!)
And there you go – 3 of the healthiest breakfasts on the planet. Start your day the right way and then go kick some ass!