Healthy Apple & Ginger Sprouts
Love ’em or hate ’em (and I bet if you hate them it’s ‘cos you were fed soggy over cooked ones at Christmas!!) sprouts are back in season and really are a must to go with a good Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner. These sprouts take 10 minutes to prepare, are delicious and I bet some of you sprout haters out there could be converted with this delicious recipe
1 bag of sprouts |(However many you need!!!)
1 cm ginger
2 tbsp Apple juice
1. Whiz up 1 Apple, the ginger, apple juice and a squeeze of lemon in your blender to a right good old mush! (Technical cooking term!!!)
2. Prepare sprouts. Take ends off and outer leaves and halve.
2. Place sprouts in a baking tray with the apple ‘mush’ and use your hands to mix them all together.
3. Bake at 475f for about 30 minutes. Sprouts should be tender but not overcooked and slightly caramalised
4. Chop an apple up in small pieces and mix with the cooked sprouts. Squeeze a little lemon juice over just before serving.
Serve! (the dish – not me!!)
The beauty of this dish? – it can be served warm with the uncooked apple or can actually be served cold as a salad