Quinoa & Cranberry Healthy Cake
GREAT for an afternoon healthy snack. Tastes just like a moist cake but with no nasties and lots of healthy lovelies!! Quick and easy to make and afternoon snack halo inducing!!!
Ingredients (makes 8 large slices)
1 cup of cashew nuts soaked for 1 hour or more in water
3 tbsp pomegranate paste*
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 ripe banana
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup of oats
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
1 tbsp coconut oil
Pinch of salt
* I bought my pomegranate paste from a middle eastern deli, but you can also get it on Amazon. Worth buying as there are a lot of other great recipes you can use it for – more of which will be appearing on here (it’s my new favourite ingredient!!)
1. Blend the soaked cashew nuts with a tablespoon of water to a creamy consistency. (It can still have small lumps in!)
2. Mash up the bananaa
3. Add all the ingredients together in a large bowl and bring together with your hands
4. Spread the mixture out onto silpat or a greased baking tray till it is about 1/4 inch thick. Mark out your cake slices (should make large 8 slices)
5. Bake at 350f for 20 minutes.
Soft, tasty and healthy! Enjoy!!!
ps – these would be great as a sweet breakfast treat to kick off your day too!