These pancakes are the easiest thing to make. Very quick and completes an Indian meal perfectly. Serve them up with a curry or eat just on their own!
1 cup garbanzo/chickpea flour
2 1/2 cups water
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
2 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp ground tumeric
1/4 tsp ground cardamon
1 onion chopped
oil for frying
1.Heat oil in fry pan and add spices. Fry for 1 minute on medium heat.
2. Add onions. Fry for about 5 minutes with the spices
3.While the onions are cooking, whisk the garbanzo flour with the water to make a thin batter
4. Add the chopped mint and salt to the batter mixture
5. Once the onions are cooked stir them into your batter. You are now ready to fry your pancakes.
6. Heat a fry pan on high heat and add a small amount of batter ( like you are making a very thin crepe) circle the fry pan around to ensure the batter reaches all the edges of the fry pan.
7. Once the batter has started to crisp at the edges then flip it over and cook the other side. It’ll take about 5 minutes per pancake..
8. Repeat the process until all the batter has been used. Above recipe makes 7 pancakes.
Serve these pancakes up with your favourite curry and enjoy every mouthful!