Healthy Caramel & Sesame Tart
This tart is so amazing. It’s delicious and decadent and yet is still so very healthy. This tart has the nutritious benefits of almonds, cashews, dates and raw cacao. It’s quick and easy to make and it sure hits the spot when you feel that urge to indulge after dinner.
The reason for making this tart was to enter the recipe into a simply sesame recipe challenge. I often look at recipe competitions and challenges but if you have to use their ingredients I often don’t enter as I only like using healthy and nutritious products. When I looked into the simply sesame range I was blown away by how healthy their products were. Non GMO, all natural and gluten free!!
give this recipe a go – it’s easy, takes less than 30 minutes and makes for a great dessert!
Ingredients (makes 3 small tarts)
10 pitted dates
2 cups of almond meal
1 tbsp Simply Sesame vanilla with almond bites paste
2 tbsp raw cacao
1 cup soaked cashew nuts*
3 tbsp Simply Sesame vanilla with almond bites paste
10 pitted dates
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp salt
A couple of drops of water if needed.
2tbsp toasted slivered almonds
1. Add the dates for the crust into your food processor and process till almost a thick paste. Add the rest of the crust ingredients and mix together for a couple of seconds until it all comes together.
2. Line your tart trays with grease proof paper or grease with a little butter. Press the crust ingredients into the base of the tray.
3. Blend all your filling ingredients together until creamy smooth. Add a couple of drops of water if mixture is too stiff.
4. Spoon the filling into the base and top with the toasted almonds.
5. Cover and place tarts in freezer overnight.
Enjoy your decadent tart with a whole new well deserved shine to your halo!!!!
* soak cashews in water for a couple of hours before using. Drain water and then use cashews as directed.