Spicy Vegetable Quinoa
A delicious and healthy dinner that is easy to make and dense with great nutrients. If you are a meat eater it’s easy to serve this with a grilled chicken breast served on top or with some cooked prawns stirred through it.
1 cup rinsed quinoa
2 cups of water
1 tsp cayenne
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground coriander
1 tsp red pepper flakes
½ bunch parsley and mint finely chopped
1 red capsicum pepper sliced into bite size pieces
8oz of chopped mushrooms
1 courgette chopped into bite size pieces
Olive oil and salt and pepper
1. Place the red pepper, mushrooms and courgette into a baking tray, Sprinkle with salt and pepper and liberally pour over some olive oil. Place in the oven for 20 minutes at 375F
2. Place quinoa and water in a saucepan and bring up to boil with lid on. Reduce heat once boiling and remove lid. Cook for about 20 minutes until soft and all water has evaporated
3. Finely chop onion and sweat in a little oil. Add the spices and cook for about 3 minutes. Set to one side
4. Stir the onions and the chopped herbs-plus the cooked veggies into the drained quinoa.
5. It’s ready to eat!! Yup – it really is that easy. Enjoy and feel your body thanking you!