Healthy Nut Crunch (no added sugar!)
Wow. – the only problem with these little beauties is they are so good, you may eat too many!! They are a perfect mid morning or afternoon sweet snack and also great as a pre or post workout snack as they are high in protein, Easy to make – what’s not to love?!
1 cup of raw almonds
1 cup of walnuts
1 cup of hazlenuts
1/2 cup of raw sunflower seeds
3 tbsp of Yacon syrup
1 egg white
1. Give the nuts a quick whiz in your blender – they don’t want to be whole nuts maybe 1/4-1/8 size. (So don’t blend them too long!)
2. In a separate bowl add the nuts, yacon syrup and egg white (my dog loves the egg yolk left behind!)
3. Mix together all the ingredients and then spoon them onto Silpat onto a baking tray (or lightly greased tray or use grease proof paper)
4. Using a sharp knife, score the nut crunch into pieces.
5. Bake for 1 hour at 190F then turn the crunch over and bake for a further 10 minutes (that just stops the underside from being too sticky on your fingers – If I know I’m going to eat the crunch at home and close to running water to wash my hands, I don’t bother flicking it over
Your nut crunch is now ready to eat and comes with free virtual halo! (Your welcome!!!) It’s so so SO good for you, bursting with fantastic nutrients ready to make you and your body a little healthier!