How to chop an onion and not cry!!!!
We’ve all been there – chopping an onion with tears streaming down our face wishing to be anywhere else (preferably the beach!!) Well here are some top tips on chopping onions in the future without the tears!
1. Put the onion in the freezer for 15 minutes before chopping.
2. Chop the onion close to a breeze (put a fan on or open a window)
3. Place the onion partly in water when chopping
4. Use the sharpest knife you have
5. Place some vinegar on your chopping board before chopping
5. Place your tongue on the roof of your mouth when chopping and breathe in through your mouth
6. Whistle while you chop