Gwyneth Paltrow’s Breakfast Recipe
Gwyneth Paltrow is right up there with Jennifer Aniston as one of my ideals who has the right attitude towards having a healthy life. So I had a look at what she eats for breakfast! Check it out!!
Funnily enough, this is a breakfast that I have at least 2-3 times a week myself. I find it is very filling, quick and easy to do and comes with a polished halo!! Gwyneth apparently gets this recipe from one of her health guru’s Dr. Frank Lipman.
1/2 cup of chopped vegetables (I use mushrooms and spinach in mine and occasionally I add a bit of goats cheese too)
Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Crack the eggs into a small bowl, add a pinch of salt and pepper, and beat well with a fork.
2. Put a small frying pan on low heat and warm 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil, letting it spread.
3. Add your eggs, making sure to spread them out evenly in the pan.
4. When the omelet begins to firm up, but is still raw on top, sprinkle over the veggies of your choice. Cook on low heat for 1-3 more minutes with the veggies incorporated.
5. Using a spatula, gently lift the edges of the omelet until you can ease the spatula underneath and then fold the omelet over in half.
6. When it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelet onto a plate.
OK – so above is Dr Frank Lipmans way to cook an omelette for Gwynetth – I actually cook my veggies first, take them out the fry pan, add the eggs and then right at the end throw the veggies back in seconds before taking the omelete out. You can do it either way you like.
If you want you can also throw the omelette in a soft tortilla and make a wrap with it. If you are trying to loose weight or keep carbs to a minimum, give the wrap a miss and put the omelete onto a bed of spinach and top it with a few sliced almonds for a bit of crunch.