How To Make a Delicious and Nutritious Low Carb Breakfast Bar
These are SO Yummy, easy to make and because you can make a batch of them, will sort you out for breakfast and snacks for the week and longer. These are really tasty, and so much better for you than the sugar laden preservative filled commercial bars. Make a batch and eat for breakfast or a great mid morning snack. It’s so high in protein it’s also a good snack to have if you’ve just come from the gym.
(soak nuts for 12-24 hours before if you can) (you can use what nuts in whatever ratio you like you. – but don’t use peanuts)
1 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup walnuts
1/4 cup hazlenuts
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup flax meal (or seeds) +1tbsp
3 tbsp water
3.4 fl oz yacon syrup http://clairepreen.com/2015/09/yacon-syrup/
1. Place all dry ingredients (except the 1 tbsp of flax meal) in your blender and blend until coarse crumbs
2. Place the blended dry ingredients into a bowl and add the yacon syrup
3. Mix the tbsp of flax seeds/meal with the water and leave to rest for 5 minutes
4. Add the flax seeds to the mixture and using your hands bi9nd all ingredients together. If still too dry to ‘clump’ add a little extra water
5. Spread mixture out on a Silpat mat. Gently mark out your bars with a sharp knife and bake at 170 F for 90 minutes
This will make about 18 bars – enough to keep you going for weeks!! Keep in airtight container. Enjoy and feel that you are making a difference to your body!