Low carb Lamingtons
It was Australia day this week so I wanted to make something Ozzie for the family and decided on lamingtons. However, I didn’t want to make a sugar laden unhealthy treat for my little darlings so I had to get creative! The end result was fantastic and you would never know that they were low in carbohydrates, high in fiber and nutritious !
1/2 cup coconut flour
3 eggs + 3 egg whites
2 tbsp Yacon syrup
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup Yacon syrup
3 tbs melted coconut oil
1 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Whisk the eggs and Yacon syrup until light and creamy.
3. Pour the the coconut oil into the eggs while whisking.
3 Add the coconut flour
4. Add the apple cider vinegar and baking soda
5 Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes until golden brown on the top and cooked through
1. Blend the Yacon syrup and the coconut oil together.
2. Add the cacao powder and blend till smooth
Putting it all together
1. When the lamington base has cooked and cooled cut into bite size pieces
2, Dip the pieces into the chocolate ganache
3. Roll in the unsweetened coconut (the lamingtons – not you!)