Kale, beetroot and pear salad
A delicious and healthy salad that can be served as a side salad with a main or can be eaten as a fabulously halo providing lunch
Takes about 15 minutes to make (incuding making the kale crisps)
1 cup of kale leaves
Oil, salt and pepper
1 cooked beetroot
1 peeled and cored pear
1 tbsp blackberry vinegar (or any fruit vinegar)
1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Heat oven to 375F
- rub salt, pepper and oil into the washed and dried kale leaves
- Place leaves in baking tray and cook until crispy (about 15 minutes)
- Make dressing: whisk the oil, vinegar and mustard together.
- Peel and slice beetroot and pear.
- Place pear and beetroot on the plate (or add a base of lettuce or cabbage for a heartier salad)
- top with crispy kale
- top with pepitas and drizzle with dressing
Enjoy your lunch and polish that halo!