Asian Pear and Kale Soup
A yummy mix of Japanese pears, kale and Asian flavored broth whizzed up to a deliciously smooth and velvety soup full of goodness and flavor. Takes about 5 minutes to make! It’s low in carbs, it’s healthy and tastes delish! Try it with some low carb flatbread for a satisfying ‘fill you up’ meal!
2 Japanese pears (other pears are fine to use if you can’t get Japanese)
1/2 bunch of kale
2 pints of chicken stock
1 inch ginger roughly chopped
1/2 onion roughly chopped
3 garlic cloves roughly chopped
1 chili pepper roughly chopped
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp lime juice
1 tsp coriander seeds
Splash of sesame oil
chopped coriander (cilantro)
1. Add a tbsp olive oil to a pan and put on medium heat.
2.Add onions, garlic, coriander seeds, ginger and gently fry until onions are soft.
3. Add chopped pears (cored) leave skin on. And sauté for 5 minutes
4. Add chopped kale. Sure for 2 minutes
5.Add chicken stock, lime and soy sauce
6. Bring to heat. Then whizz in liquidiser until smooth.
7. When ready by to eat, heat in a pan.
8. When ready to serve, add a splash of sesame oil and top with coriander leaves.