Healthy Bacon and Kale Quiches
These are a great healthy addition to your kids lunch box, for picnics or a delightfully healthy summer lunch. The base is made from bread as a seeded wheat bread is a healthier choice than pastry and is MUCH easier to use!
I’ve included bacon into the recipe which isn’t the healthiest choice around, but it equals 1 rasher per person and makes them extremely delicious. My feeling is the kale and eggs more than counterbalance the bacon!
6 slices of seeded wheat bread
6 rashers of bacon
Bunch of kale
2 cups of cheese
1/2 cup chia seeds
Preheat oven to $350 F
1. Use a rolling pin and roll out the bread till it’s very thin. Place each slice in a greased muffin tray bake the bread for 5 minutes.
2. Fry off the bacon and slice into small pieces
3. Tear the kale leaves away from their stalks and rub salt into then. Then blend or chop very small.
4. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl.
5. Add the bacon, cheese and kale to the egg mixture and stir.
6. Spoon the mixture into the bread cups
7. Sprinkle the chia seeds over
8. Bake for about 30 minutes until the egg has set
These are also great served as breakfast.